July certainly featured some big events, not the least of which was the announcement heard round the world that LeBron James was heading home.
Texting, Twitter, and feedback were just a few more popular topics here, in the not-so-hot (at least temperature wise) month of July. With August underway, let’s take a moment to look back before moving forward.
Best of July 2014 on Brilliant or Insane
- 5 Reasons Every Person in the World Should Be on Twitter: This simple list post turned out to be the hottest article in Brilliant or Insane history. It stirred up quite a buzz on, where else, Twitter.
- 5 Things to Avoid When Providing Feedback for Learning: Grades and feedback are popular topics at Brilliant or Insane. This what-not-to-do post caught the eyes of thousands of loyal fans.
- Tell Your Teacher I’m Breaking Up With Homework: This fun little piece, mocking an elementary school homework assignment, proved to be not so little in terms of popularity.
- 5 Reasons to Allow Text Messaging in Your Classroom: Students love text messaging, and this post explains how to use it to engage them in learning (oops, we may have given away one of the reasons already).
- Why You Should Throw Out Your Tests and Quizzes: If you think tests and quizzes are necessary to education, don’t miss this post.
- 5 Lessons LeBron James Taught Kids in His Return to Cleveland: LeBron’s announcement that he was heading back to Cleveland shook up the basketball world. When the shock wore off, there were lessons to be learned.
Harvard Study of Value-Added Teachers Misses the Mark
So, which posts are brilliant and which are insane? You tell us.
The following two tabs change content below.